A group of nuns and monks in front of the colonnade, designed and built by Giovanni Lorenzo Bernini between 1656 and 1666 on St Peter's Square. Each of the two arms of the Colonnade consists of 142 columns arranged in rows of four.
Photo by Ludo Kuipers, Sat Oct 29, 1994
To send this Photo as a Postcard:
Click or tap here: